The Women's Ministry of First Baptist Church Altus exists to glorify God and further His Kingdom on earth. We live out this mission by:
- Learning God's Word and growing together through Bible studies for women on varying days, times, and subjects as God leads.
- Cultivating Community by doing women's retreats and events (e.g. BGCO April Retreat, Proclaim Truth Conference, etc.).
- Serving the church and the World by partnering with local ministries and missions.
- Equipping Women leaders to do the work of the ministry.
- Inviting others by communicating opportunities for women to grow and serve.
Have any questions? Please feel free to email us at [email protected]!
Women's Sunday School Classes
In our desire to cultivate community within our women, we have two Women's Sunday Fellowship Classes that are offered at 9:30am in Rooms 203 & 250.
Monday Night Ladies Bible Study
The next Bible study will begin on January 4, 2021 and will be Sermon on the Mount by Jen Wilkin. Ladies will meet at 6:00pm in Room 113 on Monday nights. Cost is $16. Contact Nancy Cofer for more information.
Tuesday Morning Ladies Bible Study
For all of 2021, we will be Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament in ten-week sessions at a time. There are five study guides we will work through during this year, and every session's video is on RightNow media. So no matter where you are, in class or at home, you will have complete access to all the videos. You are also able to zoom in! Book 1 will begin on January 5th at 10:00am in the Fellowship Hall. Cost is $13. Childcare is provided. Contact Becky Hamilton for more information.
Online Women's Bible Study
This year we are excited to offer an online Bible Study option for women!
Along with Tuesday Ladies Bible Study, we will be going through the Old Testament. Book 1 will be on Genesis and start January 5th and go through March 9th. No cost on our end, You just purchase the book on Amazon and have it delivered to your door!
The Online Bible Study is now closed.
Holy Yoga is offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9:00am. Contact Emma Beasley for more information.