The Women's Ministry of First Baptist Church Altus exists to glorify God and further His Kingdom on earth. We live out this mission by:
- Learning God's Word and growing together through Bible studies for women on varying days, times, and subjects as God leads.
- Cultivating Community by doing women's retreats and events (e.g. BGCO April Retreat, Proclaim Truth Conference, etc.).
- Serving the church and the World by partnering with local ministries and missions.
- Equipping Women leaders to do the work of the ministry.
- Inviting others by communicating opportunities for women to grow and serve.
In our desire to cultivate community within our women, we have two Women's Sunday Fellowship Classes that are offered at 9:30am in Rooms 201 & 203.
Monday Night Ladies Bible Study
Monday night Ladies Bible Study meet at 6:00pm in Room 113. Starting Monday, August 17th we will begin meeting to study When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst. Elisa Kelley will be leading a Bible Journaling during the second hour. The Journaling portion is completely optional. If you choose to do the Bible journaling, you won't need to bring anything the first night! Cost is $20 and pays for the 2 books for the study. Contat Reta Bennett for more information.
Starting October 5th, they will begin a study called, Women Overwhelmed. More info to come.
Tuesday Morning Ladies Bible Study
On August 18th, we are starting a NEW study! It is a Jen Wilkin study called, Better: A Study on Hebrews. Tuesday Ladies Bible Study is from 10:00am-12:00pm in Room 113. Childcare is provided. Cost is $15. Contact Becky Hamilton for more information.
Holy Yoga is offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9:00am. Contact Emma Beasley for more information.
All are currently on hold due to the Coronavirus.
Sign Up for Women's Newsletter