What to Expect at FBC Altus
On June 7th, we gathered back together for worship on our campus. It was such a joy to see and worship with you! We understand that some of you may be comfortable with coming back, some may be hesitant, and some may not be ready- and that is okay. We know that many will continue to worship online during this season and we are looking forward to engaging with you from your home as well. We will continue our online services on Sundays at 10:50am and 6:00pm.
On Sunday, June 7th we will be gathering at 8:30am & 10:50am for service, 9:30am for Sunday school, and 6:00pm for evening service. There will be some changes as we come back the we want to make you aware of. Here are the practices and policies we have put in place to keep you and your family safe as we come back together.
- To comply with the Altus Air Force Base and allow our military to attend, we will be roping off every other pew.
- There will be no meet & greet time during the services. #itsokaytosmileandwave
- There will be no Mystery Box.
- Giving will be collected at the doors at the end of the service.
- We will not be serving coffee and donuts at the Welcome Center.
- Masks are optional, but please be respectful of others by continuing to social distance as follows by the CDC guidelines.
- There will be hand sanitizer around the building for your convenience and we encourage you to wash/sanitize your and your child(rens) hands often.
- The Worship Center will be cleaned after each service.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, have been exposed to COVID-19, or are at high risk, please stay home.
These are the policies and practices that have been put in place for the Preschool and Children's Area:
- We have gone through the preschool/children’s classroom and removed extra furniture and toys.
- The classrooms are being thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Signs are posted at each classroom asking parents NOT to leave their children if they have shown any signs of sickness in the last 24 hours, and not to bring them for 14 days if they have been exposed to COVID-19.
- When the children are dropped off, they will immediately be taken to have their hands washed before being allowed to play. (Older children will be using germ-x).
- We are making each child (toddlers-4 grade) supply bags.They will not be sharing crayons, markers, etc.
- No one will be allowed to enter the classrooms except their teachers and staff.
- We will encourage our little ones to play in small group centers and older children to space themselves as much as possible.
- We are not requiring teachers and children to wear masks but we are supporting all those who choose to do so.
- We will not be taking temperatures but will be encouraging parents to do so before coming to church.
We are thankful for how you have stayed connected to our church and others in so many ways during this season. We look forward to seeing you on campus and online each Sunday!
- Online Church
- Facebook LIVE (Sunday's at 10:50am only)
- Altus Cable Channel 72
- KWHW 93.5
The Hispanic Ministry services can be found here.
1. Online Giving
2. Mailing in your tithe to P.O. Box 665 Altus, OK 73522
3. Contact Tina Hankins at 580-471-6181 or by email at [email protected] to pick up your tithe.
Thank you for remaining faithful and generous during this time.
There are two ways you can stay up-to-date with FBC Altus and our ministries.
- Subscribe to our Weekly News email HERE.
- Text "Update" to 580-219-8228 to register for text updates.
As always, feel free to reach out by calling the Church office at 580-482-0230 or by email.